The XSLT & XPath for Developers course will provide attendees with a detailed overview of the Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) and the XMLPath Language (XPath) family of recommendations.
The objectives of the course are to understand the role and utility of the recommendations; provide an overview of the key constructs; to design and develop XSLT scripts; to efficiently navigate the available documentation and resources; to discuss XSLT data model and various transformation techniques and the role of XPath within XSLT.
The relationship of XSLT to XSL is explained, however, XSL Formatting Object (XSL-FO) semantics will not be covered.
This course is complemented by practical demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
On completion of this course, attendees should be able to:
• understand the role and the scope of XSLT and XPath in XML document processing
• gain an understanding of the elements, attributes and functions of XSLT and XPath
• write push- and pull-oriented XSLT stylesheets
• sort and group information
• gain an understanding of the different types of programming languages
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at people needing to understand both conceptual and practical aspects of the XSLT and XPath languages and the available tools.
Prerequisites: Attendees must have some understanding of XML concepts and syntax as these are not covered explicitly in the two days.
* Attendees with no programming experience may not get maximum value from this course.
Course tools: Topologi Markup Editor
Length of course: 2 days
Cost: $1,100 + GST
Group Fee: $1000 + GST